Wow — what a day! We at CrowdEye are overwhelmed by the interest in the first day of our beta and thankful for the support and feedback we’ve received.
We wanted to take a second to give a big “Thank You!” to everyone who has taken the time to try some queries on CrowdEye!
We’ve been listening very hard to your feedback, and wanted to return the favor and tell you some of the themes we’ve heard on our first day:
- Our chart, tag cloud and popular links are definitely popular. The idea of extracting meaningful data from the tweet stream seems to be a good one.
- Visitors are discovering how to explore the data we provide by clicking on different chart bars, tag cloud items, and adding filters.
- Our speed has been appreciated
- The world is as excited as we are about real-time, social search!
- A bit more style in our design wouldn’t hurt
- We had two site issues: a site outage overnight and low tweet coverage this morning. Both have been dealt with and the exact errors shouldn’t repeat. Kudos to Matt and the Twitter API team for help on the latter.
- Some people wonder if this field is too crowded (We obviously don’t — and we think there’s a huge opportunity for multiple players to provide differentiating experiences).
- Some specific areas of relevance need improvement (i.e. low coverage terms and stemming).
Now that we have our v1 beta out, we can’t wait to hear more and participate in this exciting space. Keep the feedback coming!